Reimagining NYC's 911 Response System on National Day of Civic Hacking
Time & Location
About the Event
We're assembling to watch a panel of leaders from Code for America, Transform911 and the Tucson Police Department discuss the current state of 911 emergency response, its impacts, and our community’s role in helping to imagine a truly human-centered emergency response system.
Join us to listen to stakeholders and then participate in a virtual workshop with BetaNYC and the Office of the Public Advocate as part of a Peoples' Tech Assembly to take action to reimagine 911 in New York City.
12:00pm Livestream of Code for America Kick-Off Event with
- Amanda Renteria, Code for America, Chief Executive Officer
- Meredith Horowski, Code for America, Sr. Director, Brigade Network
- Elena Fortuna, Code for America, Client Success Director, Former Social Worker and Children’s Mental Health Clinician
- Rebecca Neusteter, Transform911, Principal Investigator/Executive Director, UChicago Health Lab
- Chad Kasmar, Deputy Chief of Police Tucson, Oversight of Communications Division, Office of Professional Standards and Audit & Analysis Division
- Ceasar McDowell, Professor of Civic Design and Associate Head of the Department of Urban Studies and Planning
1:00pm Peoples’ Tech Assembly Workshop with BetaNYC and the Office of the Public Advocate
1:05pm Welcome and Introdutions
1:20pm Introduction of Action Areas
1:30 Breakouts and Working Time
2:30 pm Break
2:35pm Shareback and Documentation
Who should attend?
People of all skill levels are invited and welcome to participate. There will be actions that leverage different skills and experiences. We want to hear what challenges you or your community have had with using New York City's 911 response system and what ideas you have to make emergency response work better for all New Yorkers. This community event will be a casual and safe space for sharing thoughts and providing feedback directly to NYC stakeholders as part of the Peoples Tech Assemblies. Learn more at < peoplestech.nyc >.